Amanda Sierra Saavedra, PhD
Laga Bidea, building 205/Neurotek
Ikerbasque Research Professor
University of the Basque Country
Bizkaia Technological Park
Zamudio, Bizkaia, 48170
Tel. (0034) 946 018 283
Fax (0034) 946 018 289
Education and Research Experience
- 1995-2000 Bachelor Degree in Biology. Complutense University of Madrid, Spain.
- 2000-2003 Ph.D. Degree in Neurobiology. Complutense University of Madrid and Cajal Institute, Madrid, Spain ( L.M. Garcia-Segura).
- 2004-2006 Postdoctoral Fellow. Rockefeller University, New York, USA ( Bruce S. McEwen)
- 2006-2011 Postdoctoral Associate. Stony Brook University. New York, USA and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, USA (Mirjana Maletic-Savatic)
- 2011 Research Professor. Ikerbasque Foundation, University of the Basque Country,
Honors and Fellowships
- 1999-2001 Fellowship for Undergraduate Students. Community of Madrid, Spain.
- 2001 Top 10 Student. Complutense University of Madrid .
- 2001 Best College Report in Biology. Official Association of Biologist of Madrid.
- 2001 2004 Fellowship for Formation in Research. Ministry of Health, Spain.
- 2003 PhD Thesis Extraordinary Award. Complutense University of Madrid.
- 2004-2006 Postdoctoral Fellowship. Ministry of Science and Education, Spain.
- 2004-2006 Moody Foundation Fellow at the McEwen lab (Rockefeller University).
- 2005 Young Investigator Award. Workshop on Steroid Hormones and Brai
Function, Breckenridge, CO.
- 2006-2008 Webmaster, Stony Brook Glial Network
- 2007 Associate Member, New York Academy of Sciences
- 2008 Organizer, IV Meeting of the Spanish Glial Network
- 2008 Webmaster, Spanish Glial Network
- 2009 Symposium Organizer, Spanish Society for Neuroscience Meeting
- 2009 Member of the Board of Directors, Spanish Glial Network
- 2011 Keystone Symposia Scholarship, Meeting on Adult Neurogenesis, Taos, NM
- 2011 Symposium Chair, 10th European Meeting on Glial Cells in Health and Disease, Prague, Czech Republic
- 2012 Workshop Organizer, Frontiers in Glial Cells, a satellite event to FENS 2012, Barcelona